EAST CANTON -- The Osnaburg Local Board of Education met on Nov. 19, and during that time superintendent Melissa Marconi reported on the community roundtable meeting.
Marconi shared that she was pleased with the recent community roundtable participation. There were 50 people in attendance. The next such event is scheduled for Jan. 22. Community members are encouraged to check the district web site for questions and answers to topics addressed at the meeting.
Stephanie Eslich, seventh-grade language arts teacher, made a presentation to the board about her recent class events.
Erica Knowles, principal at the middle/high school, thanked all of the veterans who attended the veterans program, as well as the students who participated in the assembly. She also voiced appreciation to the cafeteria staff for cooking breakfast for the veterans.
Elementary principal Melanie Davis, reported to the board about the approximately 400 adult guests who attended a Make-It Take-It event at the school. Each grade level was assigned a craft and could have a special friend come to school and participate with them in class. Almost every student had someone special attend.
She said the PTO is sponsoring the "Secret Santa Shoppe" on the school stage for those children who wish to purchase presents for themselves or family members. Davis expressed a huge thank you to Kymm Saeger for her organizing efforts with this project.
In other business, the board of education:
• ACCEPTED the donation of 63 binders, 30 sets of tab dividers and 450 T-shirt dividers from the Caring and Serving Together organization;
• APPROVED the superintendents' agreement for attendance of Jasper Dews from Massillon City Schools;
• ACCEPTED the retirement of Jodi Yoder as a monitor;
• RESCINDED the supplemental contract given to Doug Potts as chess club coach for this school year due to lack of interest;
• HIRED Brenda Hall as special education teacher aide;
• APPROVED supplemental contracts to Jason Hall as head basketball coach, Andrew Flounders as head softball coach and Tom Loy as head track coach;
• APPROVED Wayne Morris as a substitute bus driver.