- 1 of 2 Photos | View More Photos
MAGNOLIA-- Greg Hannan and Jean Robertson were honored Sunday afternoon by the Magnolia Area Historical Society for their services to the area.
Hannan received the preservation award for his restoration efforts of the Leichtamer Building, constructed in 1917 by the Magnolia Transit Line. Most recently, the building housed B & P Electric.
It was from here where Louis Leichtamer's bus drivers (Warner "Dan" Larson, Sanford Gotshall and John Shields) drove residents to Canton every day. In 1926, Ira and John W. Sickafoose moved their garage to the site and operated a business until 1974.
Hannan has spent time painting and repairing the interior and exterior of the building. His other efforts on the building have included plastering and re-cementing the parking area. Hannan is a Sandy Valley High School graduate and is retired from Diebold.
Robertson received the community appreciation award from the historical society. She has been a member of the Magnolia Historical Society's apple dumpling group and the coordinator for the society's basket raffle. She is also active with the Magnolia United Methodist Church chancel choir and prayer shawl ministry.
Robertson additionally spent 22 years at Little Rascal Nursery School serving as an assistant to Sue Spitler before it closed in 2008.