CANTON SOUTH NEWS
A very merry and blessed Christmas to everyone!
• Anniversaries this week - Jack and Renee Snyder.
• Birthdays this week to Kevin Almasy, Helen Denkhaus, Jacque Hedrick, Sue Marginean, Bill Clymire, Joe Daniska, Michelle Miller, Vic Petrovic, Polly Snider, Laura Welker, Steve DiLoreto, Dan Clugston, Claudia Brothers, Hallie Umpleby, Mary Lou Frank, Bill Rinehart, Bob Gill, Charles Benson, Dan Dale, Greg Fach, Robby Dale and Monique Bailey.
• Get Well Wishes to Richard Stallman, Larry Krebs and Bonnie Negulis.
• Sympathy to the Frank Brothers family.
• Ginny Norris and family members from South Carolina, Texas, Florida and Ohio spent a week at Panama City Beach during the Thanksgiving holiday.
• Ten years ago this week St. Mary's Senior Citizen's gathered for their December meeting in the church social hall. The Christmas luncheon was catered by John and Lori Schneider. The program was a comedy presented by Deborah McCullough and Vince Jeffrey staff members of St. Joseph Care Center in Louisville.
• Jolly Eight's Card Club met on Dec. 12 at Crossroads Restaurant for lunch followed by Euchre. Lois Bowman served as the hostess. Prizes were won by Ginny Norris, Dorothy McKinney, Lil Heilman and Kathy DiLoreto. The next meeting of the group will be held on Jan. 9, weather pending, with Lil Heilman serving as hostess.
• Thought for the week…Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. -Oprah Winfrey
Call or fax
• Birthday wishes to Tyler Jackson, John Starcher, Trevor Hostetler, Ron Carpenter, Jacob Mellinger, Demetrius Snellenberger, Para Moore, Jerry Oberly, Katie Jones, Ashley Decker, Sean Dickinson, Ryan Brooks, Luke Fenstemaker Janeen Stiffler, Hattie Dewalt, Linda Sahli, Derrick Hill,, Joe Dewalt, Amy Fenstemaker, Rhonda Williams, Bill Allan, Jasmine Lucas, Peter Motts, Gary Lee Kinsinger III, Beau Hicks, Bruce Erickson, Terry Hunter, Michael Clark, Sharon Savage, Jon Bracken, John Coss, Lillian Cozy, Rich Garman, D.J. Hudy, Vida Schilens, Kasey Haines, Tara Evans, Jackson Fallot, Joe Bryan, Jim Davis, Walt Davis Jr., Joe Bryan, Evan Spehar, Doug Johnson, Eva Spear, Sharon Savage, Steven Mueller. DJ King, Gladys Henderer, Sandra Vincent, Chase Duskey, Keegan McGee, Rich Showalter, Doris Williams, Jay Fisher and Richard Garman.
• Anniversary wishes to Frank and Janice Borto, Tunney and Luella Lambert, Carl and Lillian Cozy, Earl and Martha Eckelberry, Robert and Gladys Henderer, Jan and Deb Bredon, Tim and Megan Effinger and Steve Jr. and Deborah Garott. And a very special 65th anniversary to Charles and Sarah Morrison, and wishing you many more.
• Just a reminder: The Foltz Center will be closed Dec. 24-25, 31 and Jan. 1. Enjoy the holidays and please drive carefully.
• Hey kids of all ages: Santa's Reindeer will be flying high above, swooping down to help Santa deliver all those gifts, and then fly back to the North Pole until next year. And if you happen to see any of Santa's deer, please be quiet and let them do their job. Note: I have personally seen one of Santa's deer on Church Street on 12-12-12, in the Village of East Canton. They are scouting a good place for Santa and his sleigh to land and deliver the gifts for Dec. 25, so be sure to get to bed early on Christmas Eve. And please say 'Happy Birthday' to Jesus.
• East Canton Library Writers Club, located inside the Foltz Center, is taking a break and will start back up on Tuesday, Jan. 8 at 11 a.m., led by Janey Davis. Think you can't write? Just sit down and type or write your words, and then bring them to the class and share your inspiration with everyone. PS, You will not be graded. Topic's change every week. Come visit and see if you like it, and then come back each Tuesday. For more information, call 330-488-1501.
• Please keep these folks in your prayers: Elaine Painting, Erleen Blattert, Floia Lyons, Corrinne Allan, and all the children and families touched by the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in New Town Connecticut.
• Things to ponder: Why did the chicken cross the road halfway? She wanted to lay it on the line.
Why did the rooster cross the road? He wanted something to crow about.
Why did the baby chickens cross the playground? They wanted to play on the other slide.
Have a Blessed Christmas, Donna
SBltCongratulations to Brian and Marisa Ayers on the birth of their daughter on Nov. 29
•Happy Birthday to: Steve Tack, George Gortney, Michael McGarvey, Tony Sablar Sr., Jake Thomas, Scott Habrun, Mitchell Slack, Paul Overdorf, Brian Prosperi, Woodie McKenzie, Lynn Farber, Jackie Warner, Judy Stauder, Tom Heppe, Tyler Moore, Carol Miller, Dana Bonell, Steve Tack, Troy Ellington, and Cheryl and Ryan Burk.
•Happy Anniversary to Larry and Lois Vanicek and Donald and Iva Mae Campana.
•I would like to thank my neighbors, friends and family for their gifts of food, flowers, calls and cards on the death of my father, Clyde Risher. I appreciate all of your kindness.
•Happy Birthday this week to Loreen Smith, Jerry Pullins, Cali Eckinger, Andrew Swier, Sue Finnicum, William Hicks, Bryce Walker, Carol Hormell, Jean Robertson, Jenna Faiello, and Chris Reddick.
•Happy Anniversary to Randy and Chris Betz, Greg and Debra Deist, William and Vicki Hicks, and Dave and Rita Wiandt.
•Wishes of good health and God's healing go out to Dave Wiandt, Alix Crim, Joel Collinsworth, Rose Marie Shine, Lori King, Nancy Pressutti, Chey Schubert, Nancy Tolfo, Sam Medley, Gloria English, George Long, Justynne Hodge, and Walker Gonzalez.
•Sympathies are extended to the family and friends of Rose Mary Techi.
•A benefit spaghetti dinner will be held at the Sandy Valley Eagles on Jan. 12 for Alix Crim. Alix is a graduate of Sandy Valley and daughter of Joel and Lori Collinsworth. She is suffering from Chron's disease. Anyone wishing to donate a basket to a raffle being held the night of the dinner, please contact Lori at 330-209-7502.
•Mark your calendars now and please plan to attend and support the Annual SV Alumni Scholarship Banquet. It will be held at the high school on Saturday, May 4 at the high school. Gold and silver classes to be honored include 1963 and 1988. This is held each year to raise money for the scholarship fund.
•Sandy Valley Class of 1983 is planning their 30th year class reunion to be held on Aug. 31, 2013. Contact Steve Lancaster for more information.
•Any deer hunters who are interested in donating their excess processed deer meat to the less fortunate in our area, should contact the Helping Hands Network at 330-866-2005.
•Cat's Meow's of the Magnolia Bandstand and the Cobbler Shoppe among others are available from the Historical Society and would make great Christmas gifts. Contact Paula Tolin at 330-866-5300 or Janet Rogers at 330-866-9744 to complete your collection!
•Welcome home to many area college students. Please treasure the times you spend with your families, because as we saw last week in CT, lives can be taken away too soon. Our hearts go out to those families, and it reminds us how precious our families are.
•Many area churches are holding Christmas Eve and Christmas Day services. Please consider attending since Jesus is the reason for the season.
•Gus and JoLane Elson spent several days in Worthington. Christmas shopping and visiting with daughter Lorene Haimerl and family. They also attended the annual Christmas Party at the residences of Worthington Condo Association.
•Merry Christmas, Magnolia!
• Happy birthday to Don Miller, Paul Geiger, Bryce Walker, Ed Solomon and Brittany Beck. We hope you have a wonderful day!
• Happy anniversary to Jack and Coletta Wendell. Enjoy your special day!
• Carmie and Ed Swihart hosted the Swihart family Christmas party on Saturday, Dec. 15. Every year the family gets together at a different home of a family member for food, gifts and holiday fun.
• Merry Christmas, Waynesburg. May all your Christmas dreams come true!
No news at press time.