At the Oct. 9 meeting of the Stark County Regional Planning Commission approval was given for several business sites.
Condition approval was given to TMI Hospitality- Staybridge Suites for 120' x280' and 32'x 90' buildings on the north side of Everhard and east of Whipple in Plain Township (former Burger King location).
The new 93-room, all-suite hotel will feature three suite options: deluxe studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom/two-bath.
All suites will include in-room DVD/CD players and fully equipped kitchens.
Staybridge Suites will offer amenities including a deluxe complimentary breakfast buffet and BridgeMart, the hotel's 24-hour convenience store stocked with snacks, sundries, beverages and easy-to-prepare meals.
TMI Hospitality, headquartered in Fargo, N.D., currently owns and operates 23 hotels in Ohio with plans to continue expanding in the static.
"Strong demand in this part of the country provides opportunity for our company to develop exceptional properties like this Staybridge Suites," said Rick Larson, president of TMI Hospitality.
He added, "We look forward to continuing to impress the Canton area business and leisure travelers by offering a variety of services and amenities in this new hotel."
The hotel is scheduled to open in the Spring of 2014.
• RPC gave approval to the following site plans: Plain Township Fire Station 6, for a building on the south side of Schneider and west of Firestone in Plain Township;
• MAC Trailer for a 132' x160' warehouse addition on the north side of Commerce and west of Rockhill in Lexington Township;
• EQ Ohio for a 42'x 132' truck canopy on the east side of Central and north of Millerton in Canton Township.
Conditional approval was given to these site plans:
•Pilot Travel Centers for a 90'x160' building, RV, passenger automobile and truck fueling stations on the south side of Faircrest and east of I-77 in Canton Township;
• Kames Sporting Goods for a 60' x 104' storage building on the southeast corner of Cleveland Avenue and Pleasant Street; Minerva Enterprises LLC for a 50' x 60' storage building on the north side of Minerva and east of Greer in Sandy Township;
• Dollar General at Union and Louisville, for a 9,100 sq. ft. retail building in Washington Township.
Approval was recommended for a R-R Rural Residential to R-4 Multi-Family Residential zone change in Jackson township.
The parcel, approximately 1.49 acres, is located on the east side of Lorraine Avenue and south of Portage Street.